Search within this site
- National Framework
- Test cases: Coughlan and Grogan
- The Law
- Useful Links
- What is this blog about?
- What does my local NHS website say about CHC Funding?
- “Good Complaints Handling for CCG’s” (NHS, May 2013)
- Practice Guidance PG 68 – 73 Disputes
- PG 11 How should the well-managed need principle be applied?
- Practice Guidance Notes: What is a primary healthcare need?
- Practice Guidance Notes about the Checklist
- Must the CCG provide us with a copy of the DST?
- What is the role of a Caldicott Guardian?
- Practice Guidance Notes on the Fast Track Pathway
- What does the “More Complaints Please!” report say about the NHS?
- Can the CCG overturn a recommendation made by the MDT?
- Who is on a Multi-disciplinary Team?
Category Archives: Practice Guidance Notes
PG 68 There are two different kinds of dispute that may arise in relation to NHS continuing healthcare: 68.1 a) Disputes between a CCG and an LA regarding eligibility (which could also have additional complications arising from the two organisations … Continue reading
Access the other sections of the Practice Guidance Notes here. PG 11 How should the well-managed need principle be applied? 11.1 This Framework provides that the decision-making rationale should not marginalise a need just because it is successfully managed: well-managed … Continue reading
Access the other sections of the Practice Guidance Notes here. PG 2 What is the difference between a healthcare need and a social care need? 2.1 Whilst there is not a legal definition of a healthcare need (in the context … Continue reading
Download a blank checklist here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/213141/NHS-CHC-Checklist-FINAL.doc These are the questions and answers about the use of the Checklist, taken from the Practice Guidance Notes. PG 15 What is the NHS continuing healthcare Checklist? 15.1 The Checklist is a screening tool … Continue reading
For background information about the Fast Track Pathway Tool, read more here. To access other sections of the Practice Guidance Notes, click here. PG 44 In a Fast Track case is it the CCG or the ‘appropriate clinician’ who decides … Continue reading