Search within this site
- National Framework
- Test cases: Coughlan and Grogan
- The Law
- Useful Links
- What is this blog about?
- Evidence by Law Society in 2005
- NAO Investigation into CHC Funding 2017
- What does my local NHS website say about CHC Funding?
- “Good Complaints Handling for CCG’s” (NHS, May 2013)
- Practice Guidance PG 68 – 73 Disputes
- PG 11 How should the well-managed need principle be applied?
- Practice Guidance Notes: What is a primary healthcare need?
- Practice Guidance Notes about the Checklist
- Must the CCG provide us with a copy of the DST?
- What is the role of a Caldicott Guardian?
- Practice Guidance Notes on the Fast Track Pathway
- What does the “More Complaints Please!” report say about the NHS?
Category Archives: Questions
A: Yes. If you are the patient or their representative, the CCG must supply the completed DST when writing to you with the outcome of the decision on eligibility for CHC funding. You may also have been able to be … Continue reading
A Caldicott Guardian is a senior person in each NHS organisation responsible for protecting the confidentiality of patient and service-user information and enabling appropriate information-sharing. Q: Why do I need to know about Caldicott Guardians? A: Because a CCG may … Continue reading
The parliamentary Public Administration Committee’s Twelfth Report,”More complaints please!” was published on 12th April 2014. Amongst the pages of the report, there were several references to the NHS, and some of these are included below. Summary Complaints about the NHS, and the … Continue reading
Find the National Framework and the associated resources here. See also: “Can the CCG alter the wording of a recommendation made by the MDT?“ What does the Framework say? The Framework says that the multidisciplinary team’s recommendation is to be … Continue reading
Find the National Framework and the associated resources here. Complaints – how to appeal, and other matters to do with complaining about the process or outcome of an application for CHC Funding The Decision Support Tool – the DST Annex … Continue reading
This is a good question. Can the CCG alter the wording of a recommendation for continuing healthcare funding if they do not like what it says, and they do not wish to follow the recommendation made by the Multi-Disciplinary Team? … Continue reading